Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Why Did I Start Blogging?

Well, here is my second post, the first being the same 'Hello World!' one that I had posted at the other three blogs that I started (yes, there were three).

Most of you ... naa, most of you is a bit too strong for a second post on an unknown blog ... some of you ... eeh, some of you is a bit overwhelming as well ... So, YOU must be wondering why I jumped into the blogosphere all of a sudden? Is this just another blog? Am I gonna put something here or will it stay untouched for the rest of its life like the other three? And was Zulaekha male or female?

Wonder no more and keep reading, answers lie right ahead.

Well, it all started around a few months ago. You see, I have recently graduated from the business school that I had been attending for my MBA degree. It was an executive program so it pretty much took all the time I had left after work, family, friends, sleeping, eating, drinking, TV, internet, movies, books and all. Yah, I know what you are thinking. I agree that at times, 24 hours can be too little a period. But let's keep that story for some other day and concentrate on the problem at hand.

As I was saying, I had finished my grad school and all of a sudden, I had this ample supply of a resource called time. For the first couple of months, I ended up doing what our politicians do to our national resources. Wasting it like hell, that is. But then it occurred to me that this thing should be put to some better use.

I started short-listing activities, which I could master, be awesome at and then proudly list as hobbies in my profile later (and remove 'wasting time' from there for good). Keeping in mind my physical fitness level, I didn't consider activities that carried the least amount of physical activity. I thought that it wasn't any use trying to improve something that was already this close to perfection (pun intended!). The ones that made the cut were blogging and photography.

So, here I am, blogging my way through the web. I am gonna rant about random stuff relentlessly, here. I am gonna use this forum to try and say things that need to be said. I am gonna try and make a difference and make myself heard.  In short, I am gonna try and get things fixed around here.

As Adlai Stevenson puts it: "It's better to light a candle than to curse darkness." I want to light a candle, as little as it may be, do my part and hope that others do theirs. Who knows, there might be light someday!

So, that was about me and blogging. I'll tell you about my photography stint some other time. For now, just know that I have taken the first step, have setup a flickr account and have added a few photos from my visits to vilaayat so that I have something to show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhattijawadali.

And Zulaekha was female.

Adios

11 comments:

  1. A hearty welcome to the blogs!
    Love the Adlai Stevenson quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I thought that it wasn't any use trying to improve something that is already this close to perfect"
    - rolling on floor laughing dude :D
    Lucky you, cuz in my case the hobbies you mentioned come after fitness takes a slice of time away.
    Hmm...yup, you have the blogging germs in you. I'm waiting for more. All the best!
    BTW, while the world is still baffled, how can you assert with such authority the Zulaekha was a female? You have got some explaining to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, let's keep the Zulaekha explanation till after Ramzan. There are others waiting for the story as well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going, liked the flow
    for photograpy avoid digital camera initially to master the art

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Raza: Thanks! :)
    @Tazeen: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Patel: Thanks for the advice, although it's a little too late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MashAllah..... I am Speechless.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your getting-things-fixed attitude. Reminds me of Knight Rider:

    "A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight (JD), a young loner on a crusade, to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of..."

    Well not as much :) But keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something? Say it out loud.