Monday, March 2, 2009

Wedding Bells

Two of my very close friends got married recently.

I partially agree with Razz here.  I don’t feel old yet but it does feel weird when the people you went to school with get married.

I had a good time at their wedding.  One busy like hell weekend, running errands, driving around providing pick and drop services, more errands, more driving, photos, camera and a whole lot of other stuff.  I was their official unofficial (read unpaid) photographer so I took like lots of pictures.  Some came out to be very good.   I am yet to upload those somewhere.

Wedding

Marriage is a difficult proposition.  Some people change completely after it, others only a lot.  Another very good friend of mine got married around 6 weeks back and I haven’t heard from him, let alone met him or anything, since then at all.  The only proof that I have of him being alive is that his cell phone works as in calls and messages don’t go undelivered.  They never get replied back, that’s another thing but they do get delivered. 

I guess things just change when people get married and it’s not fair for you to expect your friends to stay the way they used to be.  Unlike you, they can’t treat life as a joke anymore.  Their priorities change, their family gains importance, their friends lose it.  The room and the stuff, that one always took for granted as theirs and theirs only is not theirs anymore and they can’t take friends to their den whenever they want.  Did you get it, Man?  You can’t take friends to your den whenever you want now.

Anyways, these two friends of mine look so good and so happy together MashaAllah, it kinda makes me rethink about this.

Oh well.  We shall see. 

6 comments:

  1. I've been a 'victim' of the married friend phenomenon more and more recently (in fact it's leaning towards friends-with-kids now). It's sad, but inevitable how people's lives change and become more insular when they get married and 'move on'. It's also a little frustrating how easily married friends forget how once-upon-a-time we used to spend a lot of time together, and just because YOU may have moved on, I'm still right where I was before. I wonder if a few years from now when the post-honeymoon bliss wears off, things will go back to normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well of course their lives would change. Their priorities would change. They would have a whole new set of responsibilities, responsibilities from which we kept running away all our bachelor life. But of course we would understand them better once we ourself enter that phase of life.

    and abt ur other friend who's not been responding to ur calls, its just been 6 weeks yaar ... the honeymoon period is still on, give him a little space ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Xeb: "It's also a little frustrating how easily married friends forget how once-upon-a-time we used to spend a lot of time together, and just because YOU may have moved on, I'm still right where I was before."
    I couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BN: It has been 6 weeks, Man. With the current inflation and economic crisis, who on earth can afford to stay on honey moon for 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Xeb: ".....just because YOU may have moved on, I'm still right where I was before." My sentiments exactly. Does that make us Change-o-Phobic, narcissistic losers :P ?

    Nevertheless, JD, I know you will do the same to your friends once you get married. Deep down inside you know you want to :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cube: Of course, I have already short-listed people who are gonna get ditched.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something? Say it out loud.